Spiritual Growth for Adults
Begins Wednesday, January 24
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone.
You don’t have to go through it alone
Most people will tell you that separation and divorce are the most painful and stressful experiences they’ve ever faced. It’s a confusing time when you feel isolated and have lots of questions about issues you’ve never faced before.
DivorceCare groups meet weekly to help you face these challenges and move toward rebuilding your life. Each session has two distinct elements:
A Seminar with Experts
During the first 30–40 minutes of the meeting, each DivorceCare group watches a video seminar featuring top experts on divorce and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting-to-watch television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies and on-location video.
A Support Group with Focus
After viewing the video, DivorceCare group participants spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in the lives of group members.
Learn more about the program at www.divorcecare.org.
Led By: James Voss
Class Time: Wednesdays, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Dates: January 24, 2018 - April 11. 2018
Location: New Hope
1 John and Early Christianity
January 14-February 18
The class will:
- Receive weekly handouts
- Undertake a literal reading of 1 John
- Detect literary principles of 1 John
- Recognize important differences in Bible translations
- Consider older texts
- Identify the purpose of 1 John
- Understand the rift in the early church
- Discuss divergent beliefs among early Christians
- Observe similarities with II John, III John, Gospel of John, Revelation
- Survey contemporary proto-orthodox Christian writers
- Survey contemporary heretical writings
- Evaluate how our knowledge affects our beliefs
Led By: Rev. Randy Richter
Class Time: Sunday 9:30 am - 10:15 am at New Hope in Room 105
Class Dates: January 14-February 18